• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD in question for 3 months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdavi

What is the name of your state? nj
I was involved in a car accident while I was pregnant on std. Now that the std ran out my chiropractor and orthopedic dr have been trying to put me on ltd, however the insurance co seems to be dragging this out. They sent me a 10 pg form to fill out which was done immediately. Now a nurse wants to converse with me regarding my inuries, however my accident lawyer requested that it be in writing or he be present during the questioning. They decided to skip the questions, but now they keeep requesting new information from the doctors. I have to admit the doctors are slow in responding, however this is out of my control. I recently received a letter stating that I have 30 days to complete the claim as they are still awaiting more info from the doctors. They would also like test results from an emg and mri. I do not think this is possible as the auto insurance is also taking some time to approve these tests. Please Help I'm stuck in the middle of these ins. companies and don't know what to do.

ALawyer

You need your lawyer to help you. 3 months is not that unusual, unfortunately. Read the section on FreeAdvice about Bad Faith and make sure to make notes of every phone call. Who said what and when and to whom.

vdavi

Ltd

Thanks for your advice. I intend to keep better records from now on. When I spoke with the ins. rep last time she said that since I did not answer their questions over the phone it may affect my chances of receiveing my disability check. Also, would I have to pay a lawyer up front in order to sue for the money owed to me to me if they do try to deny this claim?

vdavi

Ltd

Thanks for your advice. I intend to keep better records from now on. When I spoke with the ins. rep last time she said that since I did not answer their questions over the phone it may affect my chances of receiveing my disability check. Also, would I have to pay a lawyer up front in order to sue for the money owed to me to me if they do try to deny this claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">