• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will any attorney help me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miaacct

My dog was mauled!

What is the name of your state?Calif
I was walking my dog when a loose rottweiler came rushing at us and started mauling my dog. I was in total shock. I didn't know what to do since the rottweiler was bigger than me. I ran to my neighbor's house to use his phone. I called the police but they told me that they couldn't do anything since I didn't get attacked. Well I called the animal services and had them pick up the rottweiler. My poor "Funny" suffered through this horrible ordeal. She has a broken shoulder and severe puncture wounds. She required surgery and stayed at the hospital for a week. She is still in recovery. The total vet bill is almost $4000!!! At least she's alive and doing better. When I was at the hospital, I met a guy whose dog was also attacked by the same rottweiler. It was hard to track down the rottweiler's owner since the dog was loose. Just today, the guy whose dog was attacked called me and said that the owner of the rottweiler live in his apt complex but he doesn't know his name. He said to just wait till he finds out more info. Now I'm afraid of big dogs and I always think about what I should've done different that day. This has been a nightmare. What can I do? Do I have any legal rights? Will any attorney help me?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

miaacct said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Ca
I was walking my dog when a loose rottweiler came rushing at us and started mauling my dog. I was in total shock. I didn't know what to do since the rottweiler was bigger than me. I ran to my neighbor's house to use his phone. I called the police but they told me that they couldn't do anything since I didn't get attacked. Well I called the animal services and had them pick up the rottweiler. My poor "Funny" suffered through this horrible ordeal. She has a broken shoulder and severe puncture wounds. She required surgery and stayed at the hospital for a week. She is still in recovery. The total vet bill is almost $4000!!! At least she's alive and doing better. When I was at the hospital, I met a guy whose dog was also attacked by the same rottweiler. It was hard to track down the rottweiler's owner since the dog was loose. Just today, the guy whose dog was attacked called me and said that the owner of the rottweiler live in his apt complex but he doesn't know his name. He said to just wait till he finds out more info. Now I'm afraid of big dogs and I always think about what I should've done different that day. This has been a nightmare. What can I do? Do I have any legal rights? Will any attorney help me?

My response:

Will an attorney help you with what? Nothing you've said requires an attorney. The fact of the matter is that you weren't attacked. You can't get damages for seeing your personal property getting damaged. However, you're "personal property" in the form of "Funny" was damaged to the tune of $4,000.00, and that qualifies for Small Claims court.

But then, you've already been told this.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">