• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deardear

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My husband was injured on the job and hired Phil Kelley as the attorney to represent him in court. They obtained a settlement with a cash disbursement of 50,000 in which Phil took possession as the Trustee.

He then spent it and fled to Toledo Ohio.

We filed suit with the Client Security Fund in Portland Oregon and were awarded a judgement in excess of the 50,000 plus interest.

We received notice 7-18-05 he has filed for bankruptcy protection in Ohio.

What can we do to protect this judgement?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

deardear said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
My husband was injured on the job and hired Phil Kelley as the attorney to represent him in court. They obtained a settlement with a cash disbursement of 50,000 in which Phil took possession as the Trustee.

He then spent it and fled to Toledo Ohio.

We filed suit with the Client Security Fund in Portland Oregon and were awarded a judgement in excess of the 50,000 plus interest.

We received notice 7-18-05 he has filed for bankruptcy protection in Ohio.

What can we do to protect this judgement?

My response:

Who is telling you that he can discharge this judgment?

Did the Client Security Fund pay your husband?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">