• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found lost ring after claim was settled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

timtrout

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My then-fiancee lost her engagement ring 8 months ago. I'd had it as a scheduled item on my homeowner's policy, and my insurance company was fantastic about paying me for the full insured value (about twice it's true worth).

So we bought a replacement ring, a very nice wedding band, and still had a little left over afterwards. Everything was great.

Well, this morning as my now-wife was digging through an old pile of junk, she finds the ring. We are going to inform the insurance company that it's been recovered (in my mind, any other act would be fraudulent), and I'm curious about what our legal and financial obligation to them will be. Should I be getting my checkbook out to pay them back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">