• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

victim of battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seraiderfan

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My son (21) and a student was beaten by a man he did not know because he would not give up his cab; my son didn't even have time to defend himself. He is looking at bone graft surgery to repair his teeth and gums (2nd blow) and had to have stitches in his lip as well as a bad bruise on the forehead (1st blow). The man is charged with battery and i would assume the court will make him pay restitution. My question is how much can i sue this SOB for in civil court and what can i expect to pay a lawyer. I want to hurt him in the pocket book as much as i possibly can!!! :mad: :mad:

rmet4nzkx

The man if convicted and ordered to pay restitution, can be sued but you have several things to consider. Does the man have any assets? You can sue and win but not collect. If you have a case and the man has assets you must still either retain an attorney or find an attorney to take the case on contingency. You also have to mitigate your damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">