• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this business In Trouble ?? Is this legal business ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

earthlovers123

What is the name of your state? NY

1.)Can you start a business or consulting Business by your family member ? and You are the only one highly SKILLED Staff that business . Is this possible ?

2.) In this situation , you are underpaid i.e only 2000 dollars
salary per month but the business is making money or having good profit .
So your individual tax is lower but the business will be paying business
tax according to rules and regualtions . Is this legal to pay lower salary to a skillled professonal staff (accountant or lawer or Doctor) i.e around 2000
per month working full plus over time . In this case Skilled professonal is making around 24000 dollars per year Working lots of hours and The business is owned by the person's father or Sister . The business owner is having good profit.
Is the sounds very troubling to you and sound unethical ? Is this bad idea . Is This look like tax problems ?

This is from the discussion , I have with my classmate . We need your
help to figure this out and find out what is right .

anteater

earthlovers123 said:
Is the sounds very troubling to you and sound unethical ? Is this bad idea . Is This look like tax problems ?
No, no, and no.

To me, it sounds as if the father and sister are smart business people and the "person" is not so smart. It is an employer - employee relationship. If the "person" feels that they are being underpaid, then they quit and find an employer that is willing to pay fair market compensation for the "person's" skills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">