• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filling IRS requirements for florida business incorporated by alien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gentrain5

6 month incorporated business-no activity could be a problem?

Dear all,

I incorporated a Florida CORP (non LLC) on december 30th 2004, but I haven't used it as of yet (therefore no revenue has been obtained). The purpose of the business is to generate revenue by selling advertising and online consultancy in a marketing website I'm about to launch.

As far as I know, I need to obtain a EIN for my business, but in order to do that I need to request my personal TIN first (being myself a non resident alien). Currently I don't have any business activity in the US, just a personal bank account.

I'll appreciate if somebody can give me some advice to get all these things done on time, not to have problems with the IRS later.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">