• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ack - insurance check not cashed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanomug

What is the name of your state? california
We had storm damage and I thought my husband deposited the check and my husband thought I deposited the check. In the course of clearing out the files I found the check, which is no longer good. Does this mean anything as to whether or not we had a claim? The check was not huge (I was amazed that so much of the damage was prorated) and now am wondering if we should have claimed in the first place. will the insurance compancy cancel the claim or re-issue the check?

Some Random Guy

The claim has already been accepted and paid. You can't get them to pretend that it never happened. Try to get them to reissue the check.

Then call a different insurance company and see how much a "full replacement value" policy will cost you so you don't get screwed with prorated values next time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">