• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waitress claims to spit in my food

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaiserdane

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

I have an issue, I had a waitress call my ex husband and claimed to have spit in my food and drink as well as his but said she did not do anything to my children's meal when we had went in there eariler that day. When I called the owner of the resturant the next day as it was late at night when she called and brought the matter to her attention she said she would talk to the waitress. I called the owner back 2 days later as she never called me back to follow up on the matter and the owner had said that nothing was going to be done about it since there was no proof. My question is do I have any rights here, the issue is not whether or not the waitress actually spit in my food but the fact that she claimed to do so has upset me greatly as this person is a known drug user. What actions can I take from here I have put in a call to the department of health as well.

Thanks

funkymonkey

Wake Up - You are the victim here!

Okla - I was wondering why you did not make a police report so you would have a paper trail. Of course the restraunt is going to stand behind their employ because the restraunt is liable for their employs actions. If they fired her it would be admitting that this really happened. As of now you can not do any thing to the girl or restraunt because of no real damages but you did state that the girl is a drug abuser. What if she is found to have aids or some other communible disease? If you come down with it in the future and have real damage done to you because of the exchange in body fluids then you will have your paper trail established and your case will be heard at the exspence of the restraunt who as of now doesn't think it is an issue. Protect your self with a paper trail. Hopefully you don't get sick, but you never know these days.

kaiserdane

Addt'l info

Yes my ex and I are on good terms we get along well. More info to this is I have filed a complaint with the dept of health here and I have talked to the police about this and they suggested that I contact the owner first then if no results file a assault complaint. I have never seen this girl until that day but I am fimiliar with her name she had stolen our car about 4 years ago and now attends some classes with my ex and there have been problems with that. The owner called me last night and said that they will be taking her off the floor and just having her in the back cooking so she cannot see who she is preparing food for. The reason for that is I told her my father is a deputy who frequents there a lot and he has arrested her on warrants in the past and he will no longer go there so long as she is working there along with the rest of the sheriffs dept. Can I be tested for Hep & HIV ect and then have the resturant billed for the cost of that?

Thanks a lot for your advice and assistance in this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">