• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Clearance Investigation Nervousness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

white_birch

What is the name of your state? AL

I just recently put in a request for a background investigation. I need a secret level security clearance for my job that I started 3 weeks ago.
There is nothing that stands out in my investigation request questionnaire besides some minor marijuana usage. I have only had marijuana three times in my life, but unfortunately the instances are all spread out within the last year, the most recent being on July 1. I included all this information in the questionnaire. My exact words regarding the marijuana usage those three times were "Rarely used in the past and in small quantities. No intention or desire to use again."
The reason I am worried is that I just found I was denied an Interim Clearance and I don't know why yet. There is nothing else in my past that is questionable, like problems with the law, bad credit, alcohol, or other drugs.
What does an interim clearance denial mean to my chances of getting a full secret level clearance? Do those 3 small instances of marijuana usage have a chance in preventing my clearance from coming through?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">