• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners cancelation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blake37615

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My mother just received a cancelation of her Homeowners insurance (lloyds of london). I have read the policy and the only thing I can find about cancelation is after payment of a fire or non payment. Before she was able to get the insurance she had to install a fire detection system. She did that and paid for all of last year and this years premium. Now they are saying she has to paint the house, (she has aluminum siding and brick), she has also dismantled her swimming pool. We have cleaned up around her house. They are saying they are going to cancel due to the grounds condition. Her insurance agent says this is not possible. My question is...Is it legal for them to do this when it is not stated in the policy?

Was the property cleaned up before or after the letter was received from the insurance company?

Do what they are asking & more than likely, they won't cancel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">