• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell at Albertsons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsunflowers

What is the name of your state? California.

I slipped and fell at Albertsons on Monday. I slipped on a huge puddle of water. I would say that it was about 4 feet by 4 feet. When the paramedics put me on the stretcher the whole back of my pants and shirt were soaked. One of the firemen told the rest of the paramedics to be careful that they did not fall.

The water was in front of the fresh cut flowers. There was an employee working there and was right in front of the water as I feel helping a customer pick out some flowers. After I fell one girl said to the other girl "Didn't they tell you to clean that up?" Then the girl answered her back in spanish.

My knee is totally messed up and is black and blue all down the front of my leg. I have no medical insurance and am self employed doing childcare.

Anyway my question is I know after reading previous posts that you have to prove that the store knew that the water was there, but if the puddle is so big is it not a question of how they could not notice? Expecailly with the employee working in that department. I basically just want to them to cover my medical bills.

Any advice would be wonderful

stephenk

consult with a personal injury attorney that specializes in slip and falls.

the size of the puddle doesn't mean the puddle was present for a significant period of time. It may also mean the water had just spilled and you fell right before the cleaning people came.

tsunflowers

thanks for the information. When you call an attoney can you ask if they specialize in slips and falls?

I would hope that if the cleaning crew was on the way and that someone knew they would have a least put up a sign. There was an employee right in that department.

One more question my knee is really swollen and black and blue. Should I take pictures of it? I am still not able to bend it at all. Thanks again.

Noel

teflon_jones

A supermarket in general is likely to have many areas that could be slippery for various reasons. Even if you can prove that the puddle was there for a significant amount of time, that doesn't remove you from liability for being careful when you walk. The flower and vegetable depts are very likely to have slippery areas and you should have exercised more caution. I'm sure this wasn't your first visit to a supermarket.

tsunflowers

No this was not my first trip to the super market. I hope that you never have an accident and fall and are unable to walk. Take care and have a nice day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">