• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

investor/shareholder in a sole prop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsanand

What is the name of your state? California

Is there a way that I can become an investor/shareholder in someone's sole prop. and be some kind of part of it. We don't want to create an LLC yet, as it is more expensive than it is worth at this point.

If possible, what contracts/forms/legal papers do i need to get filled between me and the sole owner ???

Please advice !!!

G

fronty

Do you want to take an active role in the business? How much liability are you willing to take on? You can become a limited partner if you just want to invest in the company and only be liable for the amount you invest. If you want to form a partnership, however, you will be subject to unlimited personal liability.

gsanand said:
What is the name of your state? California

Is there a way that I can become an investor/shareholder in someone's sole prop. and be some kind of part of it. We don't want to create an LLC yet, as it is more expensive than it is worth at this point.

If possible, what contracts/forms/legal papers do i need to get filled between me and the sole owner ???

Please advice !!!

G

gsanand

The problem is the the sole prop is already filed. We cannot touch it for another 2-3 years for some work licence reasons. I just want to secure the monies I invest. Is there some kind of form, or investment letter i can get signed from this guy so I feel a little secure that he won't run away with my money.

please advice !!

Gurnish

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">