• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost wages claim/ slip & fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msmaryanne

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA.

One of my tenants slipped & fell on my property. She was misusing a loft area used for storage to sleep in. The ladder went out from under her & she fell & injured her knee. In the court papers she filed, she is sueing me for lost wages yet she was unemployed and on SSI & Disability at the time. She has no earnings except SSI & Disability. Is this fraud? Aren't you supposed to report all additional income to Social Security. She also freely admitted to being at fault to numerous other tenants. Lastly, last week I met with her and we agreed on an amount to settle any claims, now or in the future. I wrote this agreement on the memo portion of the check, which we both signed. 2 days later I recieved papers from her atty. wanting 6,500,00 bucks. What to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">