• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Shady Partership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fed-up

Another Shady Partnership

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello,

I am a founder of an online entertainment magazine. When I came up with the idea I told my best friend at the time about it. She asked if her sister could be included. Because we thought she would be an asset and because I did not know any better I though it would be a good idea.

I filed for our LLC partnership, our tax-id, our bank accounts, etc, and we have all contributed the same share of expenses. Now after we have our magazine is finally up and going they feel that I am not meeting their expectations of the workload and they are trying to make me leave the magazine, which I do not want to do. I have tried to resolve our issues, but they don't agree with me on anything. They have changed my company e-mail password, and they are trying to cut me out of all communications in different ways so that I can no longer participate in the direction or communication of the magazine! I am being bullied and treated unfairly.

Because my name and their names are on all of the documents filed thus far and we never signed any contracts among ourselves I know that they can not necessarily force me to leave. Even though they are trying to force me out, and this bickering is destructive to the magazine, I would like to resolve things for the best of the magazine. It was my idea, I put a lot of time, money, and effort on it, and it is still my baby. Dissolution of the partnership would be the last resort, but these women are not trying to compromise on anything right now. I would like to know what my options are, and what kind of contracts need to be drawn up. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

fed-up :(

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">