• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time restrictions for statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rzrbkgrl

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
being sued for ATV accident in which a minor was riding our 4-wheeler and was injured. Accident occurred on July 5, 2002, around 1:00 p.m., case filed on July 5, 2005, around 4:30 p.m..My question is: The statute of limitations is 3 yrs. In what manner is that time determined? Shouldn't the time of day and the fact that we had a leap year during that time affect the time restrictions? And also, shouldn't July 5, 2005 actually have started year 4? If anyone can answer this or tell me where to search to find these answers it would be greatly appreciated. Our attorney doesn't seem to know the answer, nor do any of the legal associations I have contacted. I have searched every online source I can find, with no luck, but a 'friend of a friend' says she studied a case in law school where the actual time of day of an accident and filing day got a case thrown out, but I have not had any luck contacting this person. Please, help needed. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">