• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accidental Drowning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckmedic281

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?ALABAMA: MY BROTHER-IN-LAW DROWNED IN HIS NEIGHBORS SWIMMING PLL. HE WAS TOLD HE COULD SWIM ANYTIME HE WANTED, SO HE DID AND DROWNED. HE HAD BEEN DRINKING BUT THE AUTOPSY RULED ACCIDENTAL DROWNING. HIS INSURANCE DOESN'T WANT TO PAY ANYTHING EXCEPT $1000.00 TOWARDS THE FUNERAL COST. HE WAS MARRIED TO MY SISTER WHO DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT 3 YEARS AGO. NOW HE HAS 2 CHILDREN LEFT WHO ARE AGES 14 AND 21(OF WHICH I HAVE LEGAL CUSTODY). IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO?

djohnson

Try turning the caps off then explain why you think he shouldn't be accountable for his own actions.

ellencee

What are the terms of his insurance policy? any accidental death benefit? Who is the beneficiary of his policy? How about the pool-owners' homeowner's policy?
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">