• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NSA says I can't appeal~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stepaul

What is the name of your state? Armed Forces Pacific

I received a letter from NSA today after 16 months of waiting. It reads as follows:

"After careful deliberation, the decision has been reached that you are not
eligible for SCI access at NSA. Based upon the provisions of Subparagraph (d) of Paragraph 5.2 of Executive Order 12968, Access to Classified Information, dated 4 August 1995,this determination is not subject to appeal and is therefore final."

- Subparagraph (d) of Paragraph 5.2 of Executive Order 12968
"When the head of an agency or principal deputy personally certifies that a procedure set forth in this section cannot be made available in a particular case without damaging the national security interests of the United States by revealing classified information, the particular procedure shall not be made available. This certification shall be conclusive."

I have an active TS/SCI(SCI was reactivated March, 2005) and am currently working for the US Army as an IT contractor in Korea. I don't understand what could possibly be damaging the interest of the national security? My wife being a foreign national (She is a Korean but is a permanent resident of the US) or had name changes twice in the past? I got a waiver for my wife when I was in the Army. I changed my name for religious reason also during my military service.

I took the poly from NSA July, 2004 and had a CI interview October, 2004. I passed the poly with no problems.

Can someone explain why I can't appeal? Just like stated on the letter, the decision is final and no appeal, period?

Thank you in-adavnce for your inputs.

s/p/c

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">