• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short Term Disablility With-held

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DBag

Short Term Disablility Withheld?? Help??

:confused: undefinedWhat is the name of your state? CT
Hello; My employer provided me with both short term and long term disablilty insurance to protect me if I became ill or injured and unable to work. I became ill on June 6, my provider has held up my benefit since June 6 causing me to have an extreme financial hardship. Not only that but the woman handling my claim has been rude and nasty to me, so much so that the 2 doctor's who are caring for me have actually called her themselves personally in an effort to help. The woman handling the claim has nit picked each aspect of my claim from start to finish and has treated me with a complete lack of repsect. Each part of the claim was filed out by the appropriate parties and submitted per the directions. I can't even come up with the money to buy my prescriptions or pay my utility bills nor have I been able to buy groceries. I am completely stressed out and I am not sure what recourse I have. I submitted my claim in a timely manner and both of my doctor's have provided everything they have been asked to supply and called the insurance company personally to see if there is anything they could do to get this claim settled. At this point I am beyond stressed and in real financial trouble. Any suggestions anyone has would be most appreciated. My employer has also called this woman on my behalf and pleaded for resolution and my employer was told she had no say in the matter. I will likely be out of work at least another month and it will ruin me without resolution of this claim not to mention the effect the stress is having on me. Is it normal and/or appropriate for an insurance company to be this abusive? Also, first she threatened to deny my claim because my doctor was not prepared to give her a diagnosis [because she was waiting on tests] and then once she got the diagnosis and treatment plan she threatened to deny because she is now saying I may have a pre-existing condition (my doctor says that is impossible because of what is wrong with me, Lyme Disease being treated with IV antibiotics) and so now they are going to audit all my medical records for at least 5 years before making a decision. I don't understand any of this, my doctors don't either, they say this is a straight forward illness and case. Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">