• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contacting different injury attorneys?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dokken

:confused: What is the name of your state? Indiana
Hi,
I didn't know where to post this, but maybe yo can help me here. I had a slip and fall and i'm trying to contact different attorneys through email. I sent like 5 to 7 emails to different attorneys. Now, i send them of what happened, will the attorneys keep my consultation private with them, even if i don't choose them?

Thanks!

ckl

Yes, the lawyers MUST keep your information private, even if no attorney-client relationhip is formed. The Model Rules for Professional Conduct broadlymandates that any information learned by the attorney must be kept completely confidential. Confidential information disclosed to the lawyer by a POTENTIAL client is protected as well.

The real danger lies in the fact that email is not always encrypted, and can easily be read by a third party (employers, hackers, etc.). My best advice to you would be to consult a lawyer in person or at the very least, by phone, if you have any information that may incriminate you or cause you embarrassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">