• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CPS not following their own procedures!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

radsafety

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I am near the end of 3 year custody battle that is going in my favor. The case has centered aroud multiple abuse allegations and each time CPS has dropped the ball. Now evidence of sexual abuse has finally forced their hand.
My question is this. On two seperate occasions my son was taken to the investigating CPS office for physical and sexual abuse allegations brought up my myself and his counselor. Each time I was never informed that he had been seen by the investigating officers and that CPS had allowed his mother, the abuser, to take him the investigation. I found this out on the 3rd visit to the investigating office. The investigator states the past action should have never been allowed. It was against their policy to allow the abuser to bring the abused victim to the facility because the investigation is then compromised. The office was recently audited and my case was chosen to be audited. The auditor stated the same failure to follow procedures.
Due to their faliure to follow procedures my son has had to endeavor more abuse and confusion. It has drawn out a simple case of abuse into a 3 year court battle.
Do I have the right to sue the State CPS office for my legal cost, my sons extended counseling cost, and my time involved? I'm not looking to get rich, but I do want justice for their failure to follow procedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">