• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dart machine injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gavy

What is the name of your state?minnesota :confused: I was injured by a dart machine falling and cracking in half on me 4 yrs ago the machine was not secured to the wall and was on unlevel ground. They admitted to this being the fault of the both the co. who installed it and the restaurant it was at. Finally after a long drawn out process my laywer has settled this case out of court. unfortunately it went in their favor financially because the majority of my problems are soft tissue which according to my laywer do not favor well in court. I recieved a very small settlement with nothing for future medical bills.My question is in regards to blue cross blue shield ins co.. Two and a half years after I was injured they were my isurance carrier through my new place of employment. They are now asking to be reimbursed for the chiropractor bills and the MRI I had they say it was do to the injury. Do I have to pay them? My lawyer said in the beginning that I shouldn't worry about a settelment for future bills because ins can't deny covering you. If this is so why am i paying bluecross blueshield back. Do I legally have to pay them out of my settlement money?! Help!!! :mad:

Last edited:

abaga

gavy said:
What is the name of your state?minnesota :confused: I was injured by a dart machine falling and cracking in half on me 4 yrs ago the machine was not secured to the wall and was on unlevel ground. They admitted to this being the fault of the both the co. who installed it and the restaurant it was at. Finally after a long drawn out process my laywer has settled this case out of court. unfortunately it went in their favor financially because the majority of my problems are soft tissue which according to my laywer do not favor well in court. I recieved a very small settlement with nothing for future medical bills.My question is in regards to blue cross blue shield ins co.. Two and a half years after I was injured they were my isurance carrier through my new place of employment. They are now asking to be reimbursed for the chiropractor bills and the MRI I had they say it was do to the injury. Do I have to pay them? My lawyer said in the beginning that I shouldn't worry about a settelment for future bills because ins can't deny covering you. If this is so why am i paying bluecross blueshield back. Do I legally have to pay them out of my settlement money?! Help!!! :mad:
It is my understanding you do have to pay back the money the Insurance Co. had to pay out on your behalf. After all, the settlement you received is also based on the amount of your bills. Your attorney said you can't be denied coverage based on your previous injury, but that has nothing to do with what has been paid out on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">