• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stranded in the cape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

standed in cape

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was offered a partnership to open up a title company from my then boss in Miami. My catch was I was to relocate with my family to FT. Myers. I sold my house in Miami, bought a home in Cape coral 10 min from Ft. Myers, and they backed out. I had a lease on an office space for a year. I had been given the company credit card to use. Now that we have left in poor terms, they claim I have misused the credit card and are threatening to take me to court for treble damages to the tune of 29,000.00, when I was promised 10,000.00 for relocating. So I told my "partner" to take the credit card bill from the money they owed me. The balance of 4,000.00 was still owed to me. I relocated and did my part, they were the ones who backed out! Where do I stand???

Stranded in the cape

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">