• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding Name to deed with Mortgage Pennsylvania house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theaistenno

Pennsylvania (and maybe California). My father has a home outside Philadelphia that he would like to add my name to the deed. THe house has a 20 year loan for 90,000 that was taken out six years ago through a bank that was sold to Wachovia Bank.
How can my father add my name to the deed so that It reverts to my name solely upon his death? Is it necessary to pay the loan off before the my name can be added. We presently live in California. Is there a form available on the internet to add my name to the deed? Where would we file the form? Would it be filed in Doylestown, the capital of Bucks County, where my dad's house is? Would it be better to make a trust of the house or donate it to the Foundation that I am the head of? What is involved in creating a trust?

JETX

theaistenno said:
Pennsylvania (and maybe California). My father has a home outside Philadelphia that he would like to add my name to the deed. THe house has a 20 year loan for 90,000 that was taken out six years ago through a bank that was sold to Wachovia Bank.
How can my father add my name to the deed so that It reverts to my name solely upon his death? Is it necessary to pay the loan off before the my name can be added. We presently live in California. Is there a form available on the internet to add my name to the deed? Where would we file the form? Would it be filed in Doylestown, the capital of Bucks County, where my dad's house is? Would it be better to make a trust of the house or donate it to the Foundation that I am the head of? What is involved in creating a trust?
Your questions are FAR too complex for a free internet site. Contact a good local (PA) attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">