• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall at Restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abaga

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I went in to a restaurant. Just after walking in, I slipped and fell. My left leg went out straight, but my right leg twisted at the knee. I told the Manager what happened, and after he laughed, he then said, "We just waxed the floors last night." He did not fill out a report, nor did he ask me if I was okay. I did go back the following morning and saw the GM of the restaurant, and she was livid the other manager not only laughed, but failed to see if I was okay, or even fill out an incident report. She proceeded to fill out the incident report and apologized profusely for the actions of her other manager (who also failed to report it to her).

My knee started to hurt soon after and is bruised. I was putting ice on it for a couple of days, but when it didn't improve, I called my Dr. who had me come in. There is a lot of popping, clicking and grinding, as well as swelling. I am in PT for two weeks, and if that fails to work, I will need to have surgery for what he believes is a torn mensicus. The PT also said my knee cap is unstable.

The restaurant did not have signs posted stating the floors may be slippery. The GM confirmed the floors had just been waxed.

Is the restaurant responsible for this? If so, in what regard?

Thank you for your time.

HomeGuru

abaga said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I went in to a restaurant. Just after walking in, I slipped and fell. My left leg went out straight, but my right leg twisted at the knee. I told the Manager what happened, and after he laughed, he then said, "We just waxed the floors last night." He did not fill out a report, nor did he ask me if I was okay. I did go back the following morning and saw the GM of the restaurant, and she was livid the other manager not only laughed, but failed to see if I was okay, or even fill out an incident report. She proceeded to fill out the incident report and apologized profusely for the actions of her other manager (who also failed to report it to her).

My knee started to hurt soon after and is bruised. I was putting ice on it for a couple of days, but when it didn't improve, I called my Dr. who had me come in. There is a lot of popping, clicking and grinding, as well as swelling. I am in PT for two weeks, and if that fails to work, I will need to have surgery for what he believes is a torn mensicus. The PT also said my knee cap is unstable.

The restaurant did not have signs posted stating the floors may be slippery. The GM confirmed the floors had just been waxed.

Is the restaurant responsible for this? If so, in what regard?

Thank you for your time.
**A: the restaurant may be liable.........

abaga

HomeGuru said:
**A: the restaurant may be liable.........
Thank you, HomeGuru, for your response.

Are they responsible for the bills, pain and suffering, etc? The fact that they didn't have a sign posted, does that make them (possibly) liable?

After reporting the accident to the GM, I did go in there a week later with my Mother. The Manager who laughed at me came over and said, "I'm sorry, but I thought you said the floor was 'slippery.' I reminded him of our conversation, yet he continued on with the word, 'slippery.' I personally think he is now trying to cover his back.

P.S. Don't worry, I won't be going back in to the restaurant!

Thank you again!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">