• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fairness with utility company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

woman in pain

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?AZ. I have had a dispute with City of Mesa water. 2002, our bill was tripleing each month. called water co. wouldn't come out. neighbor had a leak, water co came out. replaced neighbor meter, checked our leak. charged us for new meter and didn't do anything about bill. shut water off. I have been arguing with them ever since. they turn water off I turn it on. my bill was paid up until leak. my husbandhas a brain tumor and I have a 13 yr old daughter inthe house. last timeI told them i would pay what ever amount they said just turn my water on. they have charged me outlandishbills charged them off and then billed me for items, like broken locks and various things at the same price they charged off the account. they said i owe 2600.oo one time. 986. another and 510. another no one agrees. i said i would keep bill current and pay on back bill. no they want 1300. up front and make payments on rest. we have swamp cooler it is hot. i don't have 1300. what can i do. i have begged, pleaded cried and they laugh. everytime someone in their office agrees to help me.they don't work there anymore. is there a way to make them turn my water back on. i don't want to free load. i will pay the current bill and makepayments on past bill even though i don't agree with amount. but i cant pay 1300. upfront. thank you

HomeGuru

woman in pain said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?AZ. I have had a dispute with City of Mesa water. 2002, our bill was tripleing each month. called water co. wouldn't come out. neighbor had a leak, water co came out. replaced neighbor meter, checked our leak. charged us for new meter and didn't do anything about bill. shut water off. I have been arguing with them ever since. they turn water off I turn it on. my bill was paid up until leak. my husbandhas a brain tumor and I have a 13 yr old daughter inthe house. last timeI told them i would pay what ever amount they said just turn my water on. they have charged me outlandishbills charged them off and then billed me for items, like broken locks and various things at the same price they charged off the account. they said i owe 2600.oo one time. 986. another and 510. another no one agrees. i said i would keep bill current and pay on back bill. no they want 1300. up front and make payments on rest. we have swamp cooler it is hot. i don't have 1300. what can i do. i have begged, pleaded cried and they laugh. everytime someone in their office agrees to help me.they don't work there anymore. is there a way to make them turn my water back on. i don't want to free load. i will pay the current bill and makepayments on past bill even though i don't agree with amount. but i cant pay 1300. upfront. thank you

**A: your is not a legal question. Good luck and maybe borrow water from your neighbor.

woman in pain

HomeGuru said:
**A: your is not a legal question. Good luck and maybe borrow water from your neighbor.
why is it not a legal question? I need to know how to get them to turn on the water. also, when you charge off an amount and get paid for it. can you collect on it again. can they keep the water turned off with a terminally ill person in the house and a child.?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">