• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family fight over sale of a plot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aurora Hammer

What is the name of your state?
We all live in California, however the lot in question is in Florida. We all wish to sell this plot. For the past ten years I have paid the taxes on this lot, I have a 2/5ths interest, while two sibblings and a parent have 1/5th interest each. I am owed collectivly $900 in back taxes from them.

Now that the issue of sale has come up, they all wish to say how the $ is dolled out, including giving $ to sibbling that signed over his interest to me. My father wishes to be the executor of the real estate deal. I expect that he wishes to keep my portion; he feels I oue him.

Can't I file something in Fl to ask for their tax money or push them off title? Why should I let my dad be executor? Isn't it rather easy to sell a 2/5ths interest in a plot these days (with internet) and just get out of it that way?

HomeGuru

Aurora Hammer said:
What is the name of your state?
We all live in California, however the lot in question is in Florida. We all wish to sell this plot. For the past ten years I have paid the taxes on this lot, I have a 2/5ths interest, while two sibblings and a parent have 1/5th interest each. I am owed collectivly $900 in back taxes from them.

Now that the issue of sale has come up, they all wish to say how the $ is dolled out, including giving $ to sibbling that signed over his interest to me. My father wishes to be the executor of the real estate deal. I expect that he wishes to keep my portion; he feels I oue him.

Can't I file something in Fl to ask for their tax money or push them off title? Why should I let my dad be executor? Isn't it rather easy to sell a 2/5ths interest in a plot these days (with internet) and just get out of it that way?
**A: sounds like a partition lawsuit is in your future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">