• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sega4140

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hello,

I have a sister that wants to buy a home. Unfortunately, her credit is not good enough to get the home for 100% financing. Her husband told me, "If you put her name on the title, you can refinance the home after 3 months and your name be off the loan." Is this true? All I'm doing is using my good credit for them to get a home, but will I be liable for the loan after I refinance and the names transfered?

Thanks in advance

HomeGuru

sega4140 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hello,

I have a sister that wants to buy a home. Unfortunately, her credit is not good enough to get the home for 100% financing. Her husband told me, "If you put her name on the title, you can refinance the home after 3 months and your name be off the loan." Is this true?

**A: it may be true if Sis wins the lottery, but even so, who is going to pay the associated closing and refi costs?

All I'm doing is using my good credit for them to get a home, but will I be liable for the loan after I refinance and the names transfered?

**A: if Sis can't qualify now she willl ikely not qualify in 5 months.

Thanks in advance
**A: any other bright ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">