• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite and irresponsible owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rm138344

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon
One evening my mother was leaving a grocery storeand was biten by a dog.
She exited the store with her grandson and walked between two vehicles parked directly in front of the store. As they passed between the two vehicles a large dog jumped from out of the back of a pickup truck and bit my 75 yr old mother on the shoulder.The owner of the truck and dog was actually standing nearby and came walking over. His only comment was"I guess you got too close to the truck didn't you!"
Not only shocked by the dog bite but now by this guy's response she and her grandson continued home. She went to the hospital and was treated for 4 puncture marks and given a tetnus shot. She then called the police and filed a report. The police returned after finding the owner and stated that the owner told them the same thing that she was too close to the truck and the dog was just protecting his property.
My mother told me the other day that she was thinking of sending the guy her Dr. bills to see if he would pay them. I think she should get a lawyer and sue hios ass off, more for his attitude than his lack of resonsibility.The animal should never have been in a public parking lot and the owner had to know the dog was territorial and would bite and close passer-by.Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">