• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help - want to back out of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aka75

What is the name of your state? Canada

My parents have sold our cabin, and have now realized that it was a mistake. They have accepted an offer, and signed all the paperwork. They closing date is August 12 and the possesion date is the August 15. Is there anyway that they can break the contract? And what type of penalty would there be.

beachhappyguy

conspiricy or runaround

I am encountering the same pproblem and have supposedly a good lawyer, find a good friend, or relative who knows a lawyer and hope they aren't going to stall you for two weeks and keep you on pins and needles, with a question they know answer to, the moment they saw the informatiopn

HomeGuru

aka75 said:
What is the name of your state? Canada

My parents have sold our cabin, and have now realized that it was a mistake. They have accepted an offer, and signed all the paperwork. They closing date is August 12 and the possesion date is the August 15. Is there anyway that they can break the contract? And what type of penalty would there be.

**A: is the cabin in the US?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">