• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non payment taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel031

What is the name of your state? new york
Hi I really have a problem I am 51 years old my father had brought a piece of land in hampton bays n.y in 1957 ,my Mother and Father pass away in 1966 I was given up but my aunt took my brother in I did not know about this land until now my brother passed away 2004 and now i find out the suffolk county clerks office sold it for non payment of taxes but i was never notify but my name was on deed is there anything i can do about this I was estange from that familiy any help would be grateful and how do they notify you when they are going to sell your property. Thanks,Pat

seniorjudge

Check with the person (the tax collector) who sold your land and ask him how long you have to redeem your property.

That means you need to show how YOU are entitled to the land and pay all the back taxes plus penalties and fines.

You are not really clear on how you think you got title to the land.

You may also have to prove how it is that you think you are supposed to own this land.

Hurry...times a-wastin'....

HomeGuru

angel031 said:
What is the name of your state? new york
Hi I really have a problem I am 51 years old my father had brought a piece of land in hampton bays n.y in 1957 ,my Mother and Father pass away in 1966 I was given up but my aunt took my brother in I did not know about this land until now my brother passed away 2004 and now i find out the suffolk county clerks office sold it for non payment of taxes but i was never notify but my name was on deed is there anything i can do about this I was estange from that familiy any help would be grateful and how do they notify you when they are going to sell your property. Thanks,Pat

**A: whose names were also on the deed?

angel031

My Brother was in a nursing home since 1999 he had a stroke so I can't see where he was served papers his mental capacieties were none ,so if they sent it to his old address and it was returned is that still legal to sell it .Thanks

HomeGuru

angel031 said:
My Brother was in a nursing home since 1999 he had a stroke so I can't see where he was served papers his mental capacieties were none ,so if they sent it to his old address and it was returned is that still legal to sell it .Thanks

**A: contact the tax office and find out how were any of the owners served a notice of default.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">