• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still going on need help fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spydrman669

What is the name of your state?vt
My store is located just outside of a new downtown project. I have gone to the planning meetings and the community development meetings so I was not ill-informed about the construction we all were informed that the project would effect our businesses very little. But the construction has effectively killed my business. Signs are put up claiming our street is closed when it is not. There are not enough flaggers/ road directors nor proper signage to keep traffic moving. My customers have told me they stopped coming due to the traffic. Construction delays are beyond reasonable.( up to 45 min at times) They do not do a thing to help people know that businesses on our street are open. In fact they appear to be doing the opposite. Without permission the construction vehicles park and block my parking lot keeping people from coming to my store. I have called to complain but issues I have brought up have not even been addressed. My employees are even having a problem getting to work. The delays and road closures are even worse than 2004. As an example, as you get off the highway to go down east allen street( my street) you see lots of cones, a merge sign and a large( 6ft by 5 ft ) sign saying that east allen is closed use detour. Then after the turn to the detour is a small sign (1 ft by 3 ft) that the road is open to local traffic only. There are no flaggers to help people get to our location and they have the cones setup in a way that makes it confusing. I am not the only business in this area within 200 ft are 6 others that I know are suffering from this mess

Last edited:

HomeGuru

spydrman669 said:
What is the name of your state?vt
My store is located just outside of a new downtown project. I have gone to the planning meetings and the community development meetings so I was not ill-informed about the construction we all were informed that the project would effect our businesses very little. But the construction has effectively killed my business. Signs are put up claiming our street is closed when it is not. There are not enough flaggers/ road directors nor proper signage to keep traffic moving. My customers have told me they stopped coming due to the traffic. Construction delays are beyond reasonable.( up to 45 min at times) They do not do a thing to help people know that businesses on our street are open. In fact they appear to be doing the opposite. Without permission the construction vehicles park and block my parking lot keeping people from coming to my store. I have called to complain but issues I have brought up have not even been addressed. My employees are even having a problem getting to work. The delays and road closures are even worse than 2004. As an example, as you get off the highway to go down east allen street( my street) you see lots of cones, a merge sign and a large( 6ft by 5 ft ) sign saying that east allen is closed use detour. Then after the turn to the detour is a small sign (1 ft by 3 ft) that the road is open to local traffic only. There are no flaggers to help people get to our location and they have the cones setup in a way that makes it confusing. I am not the only business in this area within 200 ft are 6 others that I know are suffering from this mess

**A: thank you for writing. Call, fax, email and write to your local politicians.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">