• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident 5 years ago comes back...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peaches13813

What is the name of your state? Minnesota.

I was in a car accident which happened 5 years ago, almost to the day. I was driving behind two other cars who seemed to brake unusually fast (there was a stop sign) I was unable to brake in time and rear ended the van in front of me, pushing them into the vehicle in front of them. My vehicle was towed to my residence, as it was undrivable, the other two vehicles drove away that I recall, no one was injured that I was aware, and no ambulance was ever on the scene. I never recieved a ticket from this accident and I never heard about it after then. I now get a letter from the attorney for the people that I hit, saying that the woman has suffered pain, continuous emotional and mental distress a diminished capacity to enjoy life and has incurred medical bills for treatment. As well as her husband has in the past and will in the future suffer mental anguish by witnessing the suffering endured by his wife and has been denied care, protection, consideration, companionship, aid to society, and comfort all to his detriment. They are looking for a judgement in excess of $50,000. I have heard nothing from my insurance company or theirs, which I would have thought would have covered it, at least the physical portion, and am very confused at this point. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">