• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question of fault...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e_talkington

I live in Arizona. Recently, an unprecedented storm blew through our neighborhood with gale force winds and torrential rain. Our trampoline was blown from our backyard and ended up across the street. Now, our neighbors have come to us saying that our trampoline was responsible for knocking over their tree. There were about 40 other large trees blown over in our neighborhood, so I don't think it can be proven that our trampoline did this. Our neighbors want us to file a claim with our insurance company. We see this as wind damage. Where does the fault lie? Thank you for your time.

Shay-Pari'e

At this point, no one can tell you that. Contact your Home Owner Insurance company, repoprt it, and go from there.

This is really not about the trampoline, it could have been anything in your yard that took the tree down.

You need to let your insurance company deal with this, that is what they are there to do.

e_talkington

Thank you for the quick reply...

I have considered this, however I have been lead to believe that due to me even contacting my insurance company, regardless of fault, I run the risk of having my rates increase. Shouldn't they take it up with their insurance since they are the ones filing the claim? Again, thank you for the timely response....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">