• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Pushed out of my Partnership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Syboney

What is the name of your state? California

This is the issue with my partner. I started a business with my partner about a year and 8 months ago. A lucrative business and I know there is a lot of money to be made. Well here is the story. My partner owns a placement agency but is also my partner in the mkgt firm. I have to say that during the past 6 months she has been pusing me to attend the daily functions of the placement agency and sinse we were partners I never refused to help out. Well about 3 months ago I damaged a friends car while on my way to work, I did not have the money in my account so I decided to take the money from the business. which again I have 50% ownership. All of a sudden now this is becoming a trust issue because I never mentioned it and wants to buy me out. All I see here is greed. My partner also mentioned that the company was in the red and I said it was not my fault. I want to part and take what is mine and be on my way, I dont like battles and confrontations I just want to be fair and be treated fairly. I'm sad dissapointment, and confused by her actions. I also don't want to be taken advantage of, could anyone tell me what I need to do to protect myself.

Brandonl

wow, i cant believe people think the way you do. i would do the samething she did. you just proved you are a liability to the company, just because you have 50% of the company doesnt mean you can do what u want with it and it will be ok, she now knows what u are capable of and i personally dont think u have what it takes to be in a partnership. The best case for you would to let her buy you out take the money and start your own. thats if u are the partner with the know how or your the paper weight, if your the paper weight i guess try to stay in and get as much as you can lol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">