• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right Away Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragonlady_6588

What is the name of your state?West Virginia
My land was bought in a subdivision that was created in 1986. My home and cabin that are on the lot were built in 1940s. the subdivision created a road to access to a few lots through the middle of my lot. even though it is a dead end road, keys have been given out to other people in the subdivision and they joy right on atvs on my land to get thru to other lots.
NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN PUT IN WRITING ABOUT A RIGHT AWAY THRU THE LOT. I have read that it is illegal to have a road thru a lot in a subdivision to get to other lots. the people that run the subdivision tell me that they have control over the road thru my land. i want to limit the travel thru my land as a right away to only the people that have land in the dead end road. can i and how do i put it in writing. also my home is outside of the main gate. i want out of the subdivision like 3 other lots that are out side of the gate. how can i go about that. i do have access to the main road without traveling thru the gate. the subdivision does not maintain anything on the outside of the gate even though approx 1/2 mile is suppose to be maintained to the main road. and my house and cabin are located so close to the road that the subdivision wants to claim my fron porch and where i park at. is there a grandfather claus that i can use so they do not take my yard and driveway and porch. they have told me that i can not do anything with it because they own the right away to it because it is within the 25 ft off the center of the road. help anyone that has advice and can quote a code to me that can help me. i appreciate any help. email me at [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">