• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driveway problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seasonedsoul

What is the name of your state?Kentucky
I own 2 lots on a cul-de-sac that are adjacent to one another in a subdivision developed in 1950. One lot is about 2/3 acre with approximately 120 foot front. The other is 2.6 acres with a front of 59 feet. These are original lot lines. In 1986 zoning restrictions were amended such that you had to 60 front feet on a cul-de-sac to be a conforming lot. We have now built a house on the smaller lot. We have a purchase contract on the house. The buyer wanted the sideentry driveway a little wider. We poured the driveway and encroaches about 4 feet on the front lot line onto our other lot. We did not think this a problem since we owned both lots. We thought we could simply move the line or give an easement for the driveway. By granting an easement will I have to ask for a variance when I build on the other lot because of the 6o foot front?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">