• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I remove my name from a mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pfdintx

What is the name of your state? TX

I was engaged to be married my fiance and I purchased a house together. However the wedding never happened and now I want to take my name off of the house. My ex is currently living in house and I want him to refinance but he states that he cannot afford to refinace. I want to sell the house but how do I go about doing that if he does not want to. What actions do I need to take to force a sell. Do I have any other options such as putting a renter in the house even though he is living there.

BelizeBreeze

Is your name also on the deed?

Since I will assume the answer is yes, call a real estate attorney and tell him/her that you want to file a partition suit with costs taxed to defendent.

HomeGuru

pfdintx said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I was engaged to be married my fiance and I purchased a house together. However the wedding never happened and now I want to take my name off of the house. My ex is currently living in house and I want him to refinance but he states that he cannot afford to refinace. I want to sell the house but how do I go about doing that if he does not want to. What actions do I need to take to force a sell. Do I have any other options such as putting a renter in the house even though he is living there.

**A: file a partition lawsuit ie, sue his ass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">