• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

development next door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Samthecat

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

I live in a formerly farming area between NY and Phila. that is being heavily developed. A developer wants to build 40 homes on a 17 acre land-locked parcel behind my house. My township's planning comission won't approve because there is no good access. The developer could sue the township, through the state and would most likely win. That would mean the township would lose control of the development and the state would take over. One of the commissioners hinted that if the developer buys my house that the problem would be solved and the township would still have a say in the development. I have not heard from the developer. I would rather not live there if they build the houses.

My question: Should I contact the developer, or wait for them to contact me?
If I do contact them do I need a lawyer first? How do I put a price on my house and one acre of land?

HomeGuru

Samthecat said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

I live in a formerly farming area between NY and Phila. that is being heavily developed. A developer wants to build 40 homes on a 17 acre land-locked parcel behind my house. My township's planning comission won't approve because there is no good access. The developer could sue the township, through the state and would most likely win. That would mean the township would lose control of the development and the state would take over. One of the commissioners hinted that if the developer buys my house that the problem would be solved and the township would still have a say in the development. I have not heard from the developer. I would rather not live there if they build the houses.

My question: Should I contact the developer, or wait for them to contact me?
If I do contact them do I need a lawyer first? How do I put a price on my house and one acre of land?

**A: seek legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">