• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoking Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klbwwb

What is the name of your state? tx

My father recently divided a piece of property with his sister, he got the front half, she got the back with an easement through his property. She has now bought a either another piece of property, or an easement from someone else and is building a new road from the county road through this property to her half in the back. After this road is completed, can we revoke her rights to cross through my our property?

seniorjudge

Q: After this road is completed, can we revoke her rights to cross through my our property?

A: Generally, no. But I would have to see EXACTLY how the grant of easement was given to tell you a definitive answer. Easements are usually harder to get rid of than athlete's foot.

HomeGuru

klbwwb said:
What is the name of your state? tx

My father recently divided a piece of property with his sister, he got the front half, she got the back with an easement through his property. She has now bought a either another piece of property, or an easement from someone else and is building a new road from the county road through this property to her half in the back. After this road is completed, can we revoke her rights to cross through my our property?
**A: is the easement recorded on title?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">