• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Validity of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rfrugal

What is the name of your state? Florida

My question is regarding the validity of a Real State sales contract. The contract in question has the buyer as "XYZ Property LP" and on the signature page the buyer is John Smith MGRM OF XY Smith Financial LLC. The signature is by John Smith. It looks like there are two different entities identified as the buyer.

Thank you

HomeGuru

rfrugal said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My question is regarding the validity of a Real State sales contract. The contract in question has the buyer as "XYZ Property LP" and on the signature page the buyer is John Smith MGRM OF XY Smith Financial LLC. The signature is by John Smith. It looks like there are two different entities identified as the buyer.

Thank you
**A: what did your attorney say after review?

rfrugal

Update

I checked the Florida database for registered corporations. The LLC is registered in Florida the LP is not, they are probably owned by the same person. The LP is probably registered in another state. If they are both legal entities, would the contract be valid, even if the two entities are owned by the same person?

HomeGuru

rfrugal said:
I checked the Florida database for registered corporations. The LLC is registered in Florida the LP is not, they are probably owned by the same person. The LP is probably registered in another state. If they are both legal entities, would the contract be valid, even if the two entities are owned by the same person?

**A: why are you refusing to answer my question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">