• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PKMurphy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MI
I had a very bad fall at a store and my only witness (an employee of the store) has decided to lie terribly about my fall. The persons statements are very predjudicial against me and protect this persons former boss. We may wind up going to trial (which leaves the door open for the storeowner to file BK to avoid paying any possible judgement against him). It is basically down to this persons word against mine. How can I prove they are lying? Is my case over? I feel as if I need to settle but the storeowner has only offered me a small percentage towards any out of pocket expenses that I have had thus far. What other options do I have? Any ideas anyone? I am still having pain from my fall and it was a couple of years ago!! If we go to trial will the jury naturally believe them, will I have an automatic disadvantage or will the jury possibly believe me. Will they maybe think that this person is biased against me and towards their employer?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">