• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit claim question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrskraft

What is the name of your state? CA>

My husband & I built a new home together and during that time I over-used my credit cards somewhat damaging my credit. So in order to secure a lower interest loan to payoff the debt I signed a quit claim deed to my husband who still had good credit. He promised once the debt was paid off he'd add me back on. Assuring me that in a comunity property state it wouldn't affect my rights to the house anyway. My name is still on the mortgage but now that all the debt issues are settled my husband is threating to NOT return my name to title. We are obviously having troubles and in the event of a divorce or if something happens to him I'm afraid I'll loose my home. Please HELP!!!

Also How would Partition work for me?

HomeGuru

mrskraft said:
What is the name of your state? CA>

My husband & I built a new home together and during that time I over-used my credit cards somewhat damaging my credit. So in order to secure a lower interest loan to payoff the debt I signed a quit claim deed to my husband who still had good credit. He promised once the debt was paid off he'd add me back on. Assuring me that in a comunity property state it wouldn't affect my rights to the house anyway. My name is still on the mortgage but now that all the debt issues are settled my husband is threating to NOT return my name to title. We are obviously having troubles and in the event of a divorce or if something happens to him I'm afraid I'll loose my home. Please HELP!!!

Also How would Partition work for me?

**A: in a divorce or death you still claim rightful ownership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">