• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vaccination question....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

godservant

What is the name of your state? kansas.

Hi,
I was not sure where to post this so hopefully this is the right place.
I need to know if anyone knows if it is legal to NOT vaccinate your child in the state of kansas. We would like the option to not give her any shots if it is legal to do that...we want to research them before we just go ahead and give them to her...I have heard alot of bad stories about side effects of some of these vaccines and do not want this to happen to my daughter...If anyone knows where i could find this out please let me know.

Thanks!

carofl93

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/kansas.htm
That may help you. I was once against having my child vaccinated, but with the way the world is going at the moment, it seemed like a better idea than putting my son in the ground. We have refused the chickenpox vaccine, and have had no problems with anyone as of yet. We are in Florida however.

godservant

Thanks for the information! I know that they do some good but, there is alot of damage they can cause too and i don't want to take any risks with my baby. My husband and i are researching it and also praying about it. It is just a very important descision to make!

Thanks and God Bless!

Some Random Guy

Counterpoint

Just to counter the rapidly anti-vaccine message of the "vaccine liberation" site. I am providing some links to sites that debunk the 'vaccines are useless' and 'vaccines cause autism' pseudo-science.

http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/immu/autism.html - yes the mercury-autism link has been disproven, again.

http://www.quackwatch.org/03HealthPromotion/immu/immu04.html - Read the real statistics about vaccine related illnesses and the statistics on what happens to non-immunized people

http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight/vaccines1.htm - dozens of good sites

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/yurko.htm - about a father who killed his child, blamed it on vaccines and spawned dozens of quack websites scaring parents away from immunization.

check first

"yes the mercury-autism link has been disproven, again."

There have removed or lowered the mercury in most doses you can check with your Dr. They have noticed autism levels levelling out and even starting to drop which coincides w/ the removal of the mercury. Personally both my children are fully immunized on schedule. If you talk to your Dr. and explain your concerns I'm sure they can help you. Personally I wouldn't take the chance of my child becoming ill/dying by not getting the immunizations. Do your research.

My son was one of those rare cases who had an adverse reaction to vaccinations. He had almost every symptom described on the information sheets they give you at the time of vaccination. I took him to our medical clinic and he was seen by a doctor other than his regular ped, who was not in at the time. Above my insistence, he diagnosed him as having strep and an ear infection and sent me home with amoxycillin. Thinking, well he IS a doctor, maybe I'm just overreacting, I laid him down for a nap and went to make dinner. An hour later, my husband came rushing into the kitchen with our son in his arms, screaming for help. He was having febrile seizures and was burning up. Then he went completely stiff and unconscious. As I began first aid, 911 was called. Luckily the ambulance company is less than a quarter of a mile away.

They strapped us both into the ambulance and immediately doused both of us with freezing water. He was stabilized at the ER and his temp began coming down. I told the ER dr that he had had vaccinations that morning and had gone in to see a dr who diagnosed ear and throat problems. The ER dr looked at his ears and throat and said there was no infection! I called the clinic the next day and told them what had happened. They asked me how I could prove it was an adverse reaction. I asked them why he didn't have an ear infection and strep the same day they had diagnosed it. As you can guess, I was quickly sent a letter saying they declined to have him as a patient anymore (duh, like I was ever going to take him back there).

Don't get me wrong, I have 3 other kids with full vaccinations, so I had nothing against them. And it's nigh impossible to tell if your kid is going to have an adverse reaction. Just be vigilant if you do get your child vaccinated and really pour over those info sheets they give you. And if your instinct is telling you something counter to what a medical professional tells you, trust your instinct. I learned that the hard way. He is 12 now and okay physically, but the schools are really cracking down on kids who don't have full immunizations. On his immunization card at school, I have to sign a section that says he's not fully vaccinated due to religious/moral beliefs. Not quite applicable but they have no section to sign saying he had an adverse reaction and I'm not going to take that chance again.

The information regarding the changes in vaccines nowadays as pointed out by our lovely waitress, is tempting me to want to try again, as I have learned that without full immunizations, my son cannot get a passport to travel, etc.

Good luck in your decision. I'm sure it's not the last important decision you'll have to make as a parent. I'm still not sure why I agreed to have my little guy strapped to a board and part of his weeder cut off. :eek: Sorry, bad attempt at humor there.

Some Random Guy

They have noticed autism levels levelling out and even starting to drop which coincides w/ the removal of the mercury.

Actually, the sharp rise in autism diagnoses more closely correlates to the recognition of autism as a separate disorder from 'retardation'. When looking at specific populations and their exposure to thimerosal, no link can be found

"Denmark mandated removal of thimerosal from vaccines in 1992. Even allowing for continued use of thimerosal-containing stocks of vaccine, Danish children were thimerosal-free by 1995. Autism prevalence in Denmark has risen in exactly the same fashion as in the United States and the United Kingdom."

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/thimerosal_mercury_detail.cfv?id=42
http://www.autism-watch.org/general/thio.shtml

but since we are wandering well away from legal advice, I will let this discussion drop now.

ellencee

I was not sure where to post this so hopefully this is the right place.
I need to know if anyone knows if it is legal to NOT vaccinate your child in the state of kansas. We would like the option to not give her any shots if it is legal to do that...we want to research them before we just go ahead and give them to her...I have heard alot of bad stories about side effects of some of these vaccines and do not want this to happen to my daughter...If anyone knows where i could find this out please let me know.
You may refuse to have your child vaccinated; however, in most instances your child will not be allowed to attend public school or daycare(s) that are licensed/regulated by the state.

The mercury issue has not been eliminated or reduced in concerns for its causing autism and other conditions of the central nervous system.

If you want to be scared out of your mind without going to see a horror flick, read on the known effects of vaccines! Are you aware that no one who is a first degree relative of a person with an ANA disease or a child of a first degree relative of a person with an ANA disease should receive tetanus shots and certain childhood vaccines? I stumbled across that information while researching a question on this forum, notified my children, who in turn notified their children's physicians, and with MD consent none of my grandchildren or future grandchildren will be receiving certain childhood vaccines and will never receive a tetanus shot! It's a miracle more children are not permanently damaged from the withholding of this information from the general public--get out there and find the information on different vaccines and talk with your children's pediatrician(s) about your family's medical history and the implications of vaccinaton(s) with your children. Vaccines are not a "one size fits all" medical treatment and the negative impact of vaccines do not apply to all children.

EC

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

While I agree that mercury is not needed in vaccinations, mercury is not the cause of Autism or Japan with a much higher content of mercury in the Environment would have much higher levels of Autism and they don't. There is an increase as previously stated re differences in diagnosis of autism vs retardation an dbetween autism spectrum disorders. There is a strong possibility that autism spectrum disorders are genetic in nature so a thorough review of family medical histories is more in order. Please remember people had autism before we had vaccinations, more children died or were disabled from childhood illnesses than from vaccinations, not all vaccinations work, autism is usually diagnosed after a certain number of childhood developmental milestones are missed, thus is coincides with the the end of most major vaccinations and most children with autism have some sort of nutritional deficit in the metabolism of some nutirents so they may not assimulate the vaccine well making their symptoms more evident.

There was a significant increase in the diagnosis of autism about the same time it was discovered that a lack of folic acid in the maternal diet contributed to the development of neural tube disorders and is also linked to seizure disorders, so it is possible that this is a link in one of several ways, children lived or had more mature nural development, than before and/or their ability to synthesize the vaccination is impaired.

that children may

godservant

Well we never gave her the shots (at least not so far) and she is now 18 mths old. It is amazing to me the difference in my kids! The kids who have the shots are sick with something all the time. Colds, allergies, one with ashthma and my daughter if she gets sick at all is well in half the time! She seems so much healthier than the rest of us. I still worry that something will happen and she will get something that the vacinnes would have kept from her but, overall right now we are happy with things this way. This doesn't mean that sometime in the future we won't decide to give her the shots but, right now we are not going to. She is healthy and luckily she is not in daycare so that is not a problem as of this time. Thanks for all the helpful replies!
God Bless!

stephenk

kat1963 said:
EC all states have vaccinations exemptions. Exempt children can not be barred from attending unless there is an outbreak.

Exemption Form, Kansas Board of Health
PDF printable:

http://www.kdhe.state.ks.us/bcclr/forms/CCL.007 Exemption from Immunization 8-2002.pdf

KAT

There are only two exemptions allowed in Kansas:

A. My child is exempt under the law requiring immunizations as indicated by my child’s licensed physician. Certification from a licensed physician stating that the physical condition of my child is such that immunization would endanger my child’s life or health is noted below.

B. My child is exempt under the law from immunizations. As parent or guardian of the below named child, I state that I am adherent of a religious denomination whose teachings are opposed to immunizations.

Just Blue

godservant said:
Well we never gave her the shots (at least not so far) and she is now 18 mths old. It is amazing to me the difference in my kids! The kids who have the shots are sick with something all the time. Colds, allergies, one with ashthma and my daughter if she gets sick at all is well in half the time! She seems so much healthier than the rest of us. I still worry that something will happen and she will get something that the vacinnes would have kept from her but, overall right now we are happy with things this way. This doesn't mean that sometime in the future we won't decide to give her the shots but, right now we are not going to. She is healthy and luckily she is not in daycare so that is not a problem as of this time. Thanks for all the helpful replies!
God Bless!
You are an idiot! Did it enter your vacant little mind that the older kids are exposed to more bugs ...playgroups, school..ect...?????
PRAY that this poor child isn't exposed to anything while you are doing your little investigation!!
Moron!

ellencee

baystategirl said:
You are an idiot! Did it enter your vacant little mind that the older kids are exposed to more bugs ...playgroups, school..ect...?????
PRAY that this poor child isn't exposed to anything while you are doing your little investigation!!
Moron!
I continue to advocate that parents READ medical studies and associated papers on the longterm effects of vaccinations on those vaccinated and on the global community. You can not depend on sensationalist journalism, which is all that remains on popular TV; you need facts from more than one source and on more than one 'side'.

Vaccinations are NOT an end-all to childhood illnesses, especially those from which MOST children recover and in doing so have developed NATURAL immunity.

I applaud this OP for her decision to allow her child to reach the age of 18 months to 2 years BEFORE imposing pharmaceutical manufactored artificial (non exposure) stimulation to the child's immune system, which may or may not be sufficiently developed, and predisposing, if not directly causing, this child to later in life develop some form of autoimmune disease process.

I support vaccinations in school aged children but not in the agressive manner in which we willingly hand over our infants to the money-makers in the medical community.

EC

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">