• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Football Coaching Liability???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrestlingdad

We live in Ohio. My son is a HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR. He is a wrestler and football player. He just started two a day practices this week. The team practices from 7-11 a.m., then breaks for lunch, then practices from 12-4 p.m. the other day my son said something to a coach that the coach didn't like. The team was just getting ready to have lunch. After letting everyone else on the team go to lunch, the coaches kept my son on the field, making him run laps around the track and also making him run the stairs in the stadium. They made him do this for approx an hour before he rolled his ankle on the stairs and had to be carried off. I took him to the emergency room where they x-rayed it and said nothing was broke but that there is probably ligament damage that might require surgery. My question is: does the coaching staff have the right to single someone out and make them do extra workouts to the point of injury?? Do I have any legal recourse?? What about medical bills?

seniorjudge

Q: My question is: does the coaching staff have the right to single someone out and make them do extra workouts to the point of injury??

A: Of course not. Sue the ********.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">