• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

zoning law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

martin harris

What is the name of your state? Vermont

Can someone direct me to a manual-of-practice or operating rules for a local zoning board?
I'm looking for an answer to this question: when a building permit applicant submits a proposal which meets all published zoning requirements, can a zoning board deny his permit because the neighbors object to any construction on his property? I would think that regulatory compliance should trump neighbors' objections, but I can't find it in writing anywhere.
Thank you all.
Martin Harris, Brandon, Vermont

FarmerJ

Your local county or city govt center zoning offices should have copys available for you to review and if they dont try your public or countys law library in the court house. its public information and must be made available to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">