• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Idenity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

supercharts

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
On Aug. 5th. 2005 I sent a wire money transfer from Western Union to a friend in Canada it was sent everthing was ok. Aug. 8th. I received in my banking accout an overfraft of $969.00 for a Western Union money transfer that was not authorized by me.The money was sent to Italy from my Western Union account.My bank is investagating.My bank has given me an Afifdavit of unauthorized improper ACH entries and electronic checks.My bank check card was used for the $969.00 illegal money transfer. I am now without a bank account and all things connected with my bank account. I am on Social Security and the money from them will be sent to my bank who will then take this money for the bill, untill this gets straightened out. Do i have a case for a law suit against Western Union. This is causing me all knids of problems.

Crazed98

It is most likely not the bank's fault that somebody stole your bank check card # and was able to take money out of your account.

It was probobly stolen when you used it someplace else.

supercharts

My idenity was stolen in the website of Western Union

State of Minnesota,
Thank you for your reply. My idenity was stolen from Western Unions website. I thought Western Union was a secure site. It is Western Union i am thinking about sueing. With no money in the bank i am forced to use my credit card for 23 days ,or possible much longer as i am on a fixed income. This will raise my credit card payments. Plus i have a website store connected to my bank. I am out of business as of Aug. 8th. :confused:

Last edited:

racer72

Western Union is aware of a number of clone websites, they appear to be WU but are not. Was the URL of the website sent to you in an email or did you seek out their website yourself? You very well may have been setup to be ripped off if the URL came from an email.

supercharts

State of Minnesota
No! It was not an email from Western Union. I got the URL from a search engine.I was in Western Union Aug. 8th. to make a money transfer to a friend in Canada.I have used this URL before everything was ok. The answer i got from Western Union was" somone has a lot of information on you and they beat our security system". Thank you for your reply!

Last edited:

supercharts

Idenity theft Western Union

Since my last message. My bank returned the money taken out by Western Union to my checking account. I then thought this matter was cleared up. But today i received a letter from Cardmember Services saying due to the rebuttal by Western Union. Cardmember Services will be rebilling my account $ 968.00. Now i am back to square one with this starting all over again. Anyone have any advise to share with me.
Thanks,
Supercharts
P.S. I had asked the lawyers here in FreeAdvise Forums if anyone wanted my case because i would sue Western Union if i had a case. No one excepted.

supercharts

State of Minnesota
This still has not been straightened out. My bank account is $1,112 in the red. I still am unable to use my checking account however my savings account is open and no Social Security money was taking from savings. Neither Western Union or My bank has done anything more. What is my next step?

supercharts

State of Minnesota
I Had $105.00 in my savings account from SSI for the month of November. The bank transfered this money from my savings account to my checking account which has overdrawn funds of $1,188.00 " from my Idenity being stolen while in the website of Western Union". Can the bank legally do this? The bank also says they will close my account if i did contact them in 5 working days. I when immediately to the bank and a bank officer said that some one will call me Monday. No one has called. I cannot afford a lawyer. and i am disabled. Any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:

supercharts

Us Bank of Minneapolis has closed my checking account. I did nothing wrong i am out the $105.00 and no checking account

Unfortunately Identity Theft is a terrible thing to happen to a person and it usually is not a quick, painless process to correct. Stealing a person's identity has become a fairly easy crime, which is why it is so rampant today. I suggest going to the following web site and reading what to do to help start the process of fixing your situation.

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs17a.htm

supercharts

Hello EvilWizard,
Thank you for for your reply and the link. I have filed a report with the Federal Trade Commission and Notified the credit bureaus, and Social Security. There is a lot of information here,your suggestion is appreciated.
Supercharts :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">