• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question for the know it all's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjr5150

Maybe Beth3 or Blondie can help with this one

What is the name of your state?Colorado
My question is, if you have a division IME and the doctor does not agree with the original dotors recomendation of MMI, and takes you off of MMI, does work comp still try to offer a settlement of fix the problem?

Last edited:

BlondiePB

tjr5150 said:
can anyone answer this or give an idea..
Please clarify:

The physician that did the IME is now stating you can achieve further medical improvement?

Did this IME have a different impairment rating?

Do you have a copy of this report?

Do you have an attorney? (I forgot if previously asked or mentioned).

tjr5150

tjr5150:
You need to answer Stephen's question re MMI.
MMI is Maximum Medical Improvement.

[/QUOTE]BlondiePB
Please clarify:

The physician that did the IME is now stating you can achieve further medical improvement?

Yes the division IME doctor is saying i can achieve further medical improvement.. The issue is I had a piece of my talus dome replaced with a cadavers bone.. I now have very limited movement up and down and no side to side movement.. All this is do to not being able to use my leg and foot propperly for 2yrs so all my tendons in my foot and leg have shrunk..

Did this IME have a different impairment rating?

No he did not give me a different rating, he took measurements and stated that I have not reached MMI yet.. Therefore I was told he would not give me a rating since i'm not at MMI..

Do you have a copy of this report?

No I do not have this report just yet.. I had just seen this doctor on August 12/2005.. He was upfront with me on what he thought.

Do you have an attorney? (I forgot if previously asked or mentioned).[Please clarify: [/QUOTE]

No I do not have an attorney.. I am having trouble finding one that will talk to me or give me some insight on my options.. They will talk to me untill they ask who my employer was, then it's like well theres not much we can do.. So what i'm wondering is that if the doctor says i'm not at MMI can I throw out the option of a settlement? Yes I want my foot fixed but this has put me through alot of stress and emotional breakdown.. Right now I know I could'nt handle another surgery, emotionaly.. So if they settled I would pay for the surgery myself in a couple of years when the weight is lifted, does'nt make much sense I know but to me it does...
Sorry this is so long but is a settlement an option I can throw to them?

BlondiePB

Yes the division IME doctor is saying i can achieve further medical improvement.. The issue is I had a piece of my talus dome replaced with a cadavers bone.. I now have very limited movement up and down and no side to side movement.. All this is do to not being able to use my leg and foot propperly for 2yrs so all my tendons in my foot and leg have shrunk..
In this report, that you do not have, will be recommendations for further treatment, etc. It's always wise to have a copy of your medical reports.
No I do not have an attorney.. I am having trouble finding one that will talk to me or give me some insight on my options.. They will talk to me untill they ask who my employer was, then it's like well theres not much we can do.
Very peculiar. Here's a suggestion for you to do some research regarding an attorney. Find a w/c attorney that goes to your state legislation sessions who fights for the rights of injured workers. Sounds as though the ones you have talked with are a bunch of wimps.
So what i'm wondering is that if the doctor says i'm not at MMI can I throw out the option of a settlement? Yes I want my foot fixed but this has put me through alot of stress and emotional breakdown.. Right now I know I could'nt handle another surgery, emotionaly.. So if they settled I would pay for the surgery myself in a couple of years when the weight is lifted, does'nt make much sense I know but to me it does...
Sorry this is so long but is a settlement an option I can throw to them?
Sure you can throw out the option of a settlement. Before doing so, it would be in your best interest to read the IME report and find an attorney, as suggested above, with some spine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">