• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quiet Title or Adverse Possession in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paysherry

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

I have had our property of 23 years surveyed and part of our land that we have used and paid taxes on for several years is not included in the survey plat. About 4 of 75 acreas show as unclaimed property. According to the county tax map I am paying taxes on this property but it is not in our name by title or survey. I can find no deed or title for this property in anyones name other than the fact that the county feels that it is mine by the property tax map. I have used most of this property for pasture and also have a security deed on a portion of this property held by a mortgage company. Property in question is not claimed by anyone else. I need to know the smartest way to go about claiming this property to have a clear deed on it. Is there a form to petition the courts with? The property in question is almost all road frontage and without claiming it, it practactly prevents me from doing almost anything with this property from putting up a fence to selling the property.

HomeGuru

paysherry said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? GEORGIA

I have had our property of 23 years surveyed and part of our land that we have used and paid taxes on for several years is not included in the survey plat. About 4 of 75 acreas show as unclaimed property. According to the county tax map I am paying taxes on this property but it is not in our name by title or survey. I can find no deed or title for this property in anyones name other than the fact that the county feels that it is mine by the property tax map. I have used most of this property for pasture and also have a security deed on a portion of this property held by a mortgage company. Property in question is not claimed by anyone else. I need to know the smartest way to go about claiming this property to have a clear deed on it. Is there a form to petition the courts with? The property in question is almost all road frontage and without claiming it, it practactly prevents me from doing almost anything with this property from putting up a fence to selling the property.

**A: hire an attorney to proceed on the basis of the subkect title of this thread. And hope that the property is not government property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">