• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract for Deed/Enforceable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TroubleTrouble2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
We signed a contract for deed 12 1/2 years ago and have made the last payment last month on the 10th of July. In our contract it is stated that the seller shall produce clear deed and title with 10 days of last payment. I sent a certified check as final payment and a final letter with these expectations
included. I have telephoned twice and still recieve no response. What can I do to enforce our contract short of hiring a lawyer as we are on a fixed income? My husband just turned 61 in July and he is a bi-pass heart patient so I don't what to upset him any more than need be. My health is not good either.Thank You.

HomeGuru

TroubleTrouble2 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas
We signed a contract for deed 12 1/2 years ago and have made the last payment last month on the 10th of July. In our contract it is stated that the seller shall produce clear deed and title with 10 days of last payment. I sent a certified check as final payment and a final letter with these expectations
included. I have telephoned twice and still recieve no response. What can I do to enforce our contract short of hiring a lawyer as we are on a fixed income? My husband just turned 61 in July and he is a bi-pass heart patient so I don't what to upset him any more than need be. My health is not good either.Thank You.

**A: you should have in the contract a clause that requires a title report prior to closing and that the Seller can not further encumber the property. Also you shoud have set up a collection or escrow account so when your final payment is made, you get the deed. Now you need the attorney you should have hired prior to entering into the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">